Latest version: 16 July 2020
ACQUISITION OF PERSONAL DATA
When you use Alterwood's services, you provide some personal data to Alterwood, or personal data is obtained from you as part of the agreement. Personal data means any data relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL DATA
Alterwood processes the following categories of personal data:
● Contact and identity data
● IP address
● Financial data
● Account data, which also includes your password and username
● Order history
● Other personal data that you provide
PURPOSE OF PROCESSING
Alterwood processes these personal data for the purpose of:
● Contacting you to inform you about the services you have purchased and the performance thereof
● Performing its services
● Improving its services
● Processing payments
● Fulfilling legal obligations
● Creating marketing and communication content
● Improving the website by analysing visitor behaviour on the website
● Sending newsletters
● Exchanging data with third parties for the purpose of performing services
LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING
The processing of personal data is only possible on the following bases: (i) legal obligation, (ii) performance of agreement, (iii) obtained (explicit) consent of data subjects, and (iv) legitimate interest. Personal data is processed when providing Alterwood's services. Alterwood only processes data that Alterwood considers necessary for (the improvement of) the service and treats (personal) data collected about you and your use of the services with care. The basis for processing this data is the agreement you have entered into with Alterwood. Personal data about you may also be processed when you visit the www.alterwood.nl website if you have given your consent.
NEED FOR PROCESSING
Processing your personal data is necessary to provide the services. The services offered by Alterwood cannot be fully provided without processing your personal data. If specific purposes relating to personal data require your explicit consent, you must give your consent separately.
There is no automated decision-making.
Personal data processed by Alterwood will be retained in accordance with the relevant laws and regulations. If a longer retention period is required by laws or regulations, personal data will be kept longer in accordance with these requirements. No obtained personal data will be kept longer than strictly necessary.
Alterwood only shares personal data with third parties if strictly necessary for the performance of an agreement and for compliance with relevant laws and regulations. No personal data will be sold. Alterwood may be subject to a legal obligation to share personal data with third parties. If personal data is shared with third parties, processing agreements are concluded for this purpose. The third parties with which personal data are shared are:
● The engaged delivery service(s), for the purpose of execution of the agreement. The categories of personal data processed are the contact and identity data.
● The payment provider, for the purpose of executing an agreement. The categories of personal data processed are financial data.
● The bookkeeper, for the purpose of executing an agreement. The categories of personal data processed are contact and identity data and financial data.
● Software suppliers, for the purpose of executing the agreement. The categories of personal data processed are contact and identity data, including email address.
● Website administrator, for the purpose of executing the agreement. The categories of personal data processed are contact and identity data, including email address.
● Installers, for the purpose of executing the agreement. The categories of personal data processed are contact and identity data.
SECURITY OF PERSONAL DATA
Alterwood takes the protection of your personal data very seriously, and therefore, taking into account the state of the art, the costs of implementation and the nature, scope, context and purposes of processing as well as the risk of varying likelihood and severity for the rights and freedoms of natural persons, implements appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk.
By using the website, you agree to the disclaimer. Alterwood reserves the right to change the content of its website and/or this disclaimer at any time without informing its customers and/or users of the website of such change. The content of the website has been compiled with the greatest possible care but may nevertheless contain inaccuracies or be incomplete. Alterwood in no way accepts any liability for damage caused by, or resulting from, the use of the website. Use of this website is at the sole risk and expense of any user of the website. No rights can be derived from the content of the website. All passages of text on the website are copyrighted and owned by Alterwood insofar as they do not belong to third parties.
Alterwood uses technical and functional cookies to optimise the website. Cookies are small text files sent from the website during a visit to optimise the visitor's user experience. Alterwood may, by law, store cookies on your device if these cookies are strictly necessary for use of the website. Other types of cookies require your consent. We recommend accepting cookies for reasons of website usability. Visitors to the website have an check-in option. The cookies used by Alterwood are functional cookies: these cookies ensure that the website works properly. These cookies have no privacy implications, so no consent needs to be sought and granted. For example, these cookies save your browser settings so that our website can be best viewed or the website remains accessible (load-balancing), and there are also cookies that ensure no other cookies may be placed (no-follow). With your permission, we place tracking cookies on your computer. We use these cookies to track which pages you visit in order to develop a profile of your online habits. This profile is not linked to your name, address, email address and the like; it is only used to personalise ads to your profile so that they are as relevant to you as possible. Cookies from Google are also placed on the Alterwood website for the purpose of Google Analytics. We do not keep any information about what you do on the internet. Google Analytics may be required by applicable laws and regulations to provide access to this data. As a result, Alterwood cannot link information to a natural person. If you have any questions about this, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SOCIAL MEDIA USE
If you do not want websites to place cookies on your device with which you view the website, you can adjust your browser settings. Before a cookie is placed, you will receive a warning and you must give your consent for the cookie. Failure to do so may result, for example, in reduced website performance. You can adjust your browser settings so that your browser refuses all cookies, including third-party cookies. You can also delete cookies that have been placed. To do this, you need to adjust your browser settings via preferences and then you can adjust the privacy settings. This privacy statement does not apply to third-party websites connected to this website by links. We cannot guarantee that these third parties will handle your personal data reliably or securely. We encourage you to read the privacy statements of these websites before using them.
RIGHTS OF DATA SUBJECTS
As a data subject, you have the following rights:
● Right of access; As a data subject, you have the right to obtain clarification as to whether or not your personal data are being processed and, where this is the case, to obtain access in relation to their processing.
● Right to rectification; You have the right to demand rectification and completion of inaccurate data relating to you.
● Right to deletion; Without unreasonable delay, you have the right to demand immediate deletion of your personal data.
● Right to restriction of processing; As a data subject, you have the right to restrict the processing of your personal data. To do so, please contact Alterwood.
● Right to data portability; A data subject has the right to receive their personal data that they made available to Alterwood, in a structured, standard, machine-readable format. They also have the right to transmit these data to Alterwood without being impeded by the data controller to whom the data were originally made available.
● Right to object; As a data subject, you have the right to object to the processing of relevant personal data for reasons relating to your own specific situation. This also applies to assisted profiling where these provisions apply. Alterwood will cease processing your personal data unless there are compelling legitimate grounds for the processing that override your interests, freedoms and rights, or where the processing is for the purpose of asserting, implementing or defending legal claims.
If you have a complaint about how Alterwood handles your personal data, or wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us via the website or by email at email@example.com. To ensure that the request is from you, Alterwood asks that you send a copy of your proof of identity. In this copy, ensure your passport photo and MRZ (machine readable zone, the strip with numbers at the bottom) are unreadable. Alterwood will respond to your request as soon as possible, but at the latest within four weeks. You can also file a complaint with the Personal Data Authority. This is the national supervisory body. You can contact us for this via this link: https://autoriteitpersoonsgegevens.nl/nl/contact-met-de-autoriteit-persoonsgegevens/tip-ons.
PRIVACY STATEMENT CHANGES
Alterwood may amend the privacy statement at any time. The latest version is published on the website. Therefore, visit the website regularly for the latest version. If the new privacy statement affects how we process data already collected in relation to you, we will notify you by email.